Home » one offs

Cancelling your VAT registration

28 April 2010 No Comment

You can link directly to this article using the short URL http://bit.ly/93A7Nc

Tidying things up nicely

Some clients have a fully managed service from us and some of them do their own VAT. If you’re in that second category and you now need to de-register for VAT, the you need this form:

Form VAT7

Experience tells us that when filling it out, it’s easiest to tick BOX E on page 4  and add the cessation date, skip page 5 and go directly to page 6.

Question 7 is about how much VAT you might “owe” the government. If the total VAT at stake is less than £1,000 then they waive it. So, if you’re stocks and assets are less than about £6,600 in total there is no problem. Most businesses need to show the total value of a computer and a printer and that deals with question 7.

Send the completed form to:

HM Revenue & Customs
77 Victoria St
DN31 1DB

We recommend that it is sent by Recorded Delivery!

Posted on 28 Apr 2010 by The Proactive Accountant Dot Com

Leave your response!

You must be logged in to post a comment.